2017 will be the first time that UNSW seeks to compete in RoboCup@Home league. We are building our new software infrastructure from our long history of research in autonomous robotics, and our previous participation in the RoboCupRescue league.
Our Robot: A Toyota HSR
We are very pleased that we have been awarded a Toyota Human Support Robot (HSR; pictured) in order to qualify for the 2017 competition.
Our new robot is expected to arrive shortly.
Our team consists of academic staff, research staff, postgraduate research students, and undergraduate students from UNSW.
- Prof. Claude Sammut
- Prof. Maurice Pagnucco
- Prof. Michael Thielscher
- A/Prof. Mari Velonaki
- Dr. Bernhard Hengst
- Dr. David Rajaratnam
- Dr. Christoph Schwering
- Timothy Wiley
- Michael Gratton
The research interests of the AI & Robotics Lab can be found here. These interests include:
- 2D & 3D Position Tracking and SLAM
- Software Architectures for Autonomous Robots
- Learning Robot Behaviours
- Robot Control and Reasoning
- General Game Playing Robots
- Conversational Agents
Many of these interests are applicable to RoboCup@Home. We will be bringing our expertise in these fields to the software we develop for the competition.
Our most recent publications relate to our above areas of research:
- B. Hengst, C. Keith, M. Pagnucco, D. Rajaratnam, P. Robinson, C. Sammut, and M. Thielscher, A framework for integrating symbolic and sub-symbolic representations. 25th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence IJCAI-16. New York, New York, USA, 2016.
- D. Rajaratnam, B. Hengst, M. Pagnucco, C. Sammut and M. Thielscher. Composability in Cognitive Hierarchies. Proceedings of the Australasian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2016.
- T. Wiley, C. Sammut, B. Hengst, and I. Bratko, A Planning and Learning Hierarchy using Qualitative Reasoning for the On-Line Acquisition of Robotic Behaviors. Advances in Cognitive Systems. 4, pp. 93-112, 2016.
- C. Schwering, T. Niemüller, G. Lakemeyer, N. Abdo, W. Burgard. Sensor Fusion in the Epistemic Situation Calculus. Journal of Experimental & Theoretical Artificial Intelligence, 2016.
- B. Andres, D. Rajaratnam, O. Sabuncu, and T. Schaub. Integrating ASP into ROS for Reasoning in Robots. International Conference on Logic Programming and Nonmonotonic Reasoning, 2015.
- A. Ratter, C. Sammut. Fused 2D/3D Position Tracking for Robust SLAM on Mobile Robots. International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2015.
- A. Ratter, C. Sammut. Local Map Based Graph SLAM with Hierarchical Loop Closure and Optimisation. Australasian Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2015.
- D. Rajaratnam and M. Thielscher. Execution Monitoring as Meta-Games for General Game-Playing Robots. Proceedings of the 25th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2015.
Additional publications are listed on pages on the research interests of our group.
Our RoboCup History
2017 is the first time that UNSW will seek to qualify for RoboCup@Home. However, we have a history of participation in RoboCup spanning the RoboCupSoccer SPL, RoboCupRescue and RoboCupSoccer 4-Legged leagues.