RoboCup continues to inspire and motivate our research interests in cognitive robotics and machine learning, layered hybrid architectures, abstraction, and high-level programming languages. The competitions are challenging environments in which to pit our intelligent autonomous robot software against researchers from around the world. In 2019, RoboCup will be hosted in our home city: Sydney, Australia!
UNSW has two RoboCup Teams for 2017:
- UNSW@Home – the first year we will compete in RoboCup@Home
- rUNSWift – our long running RoboCupSoccer SPL team
Over many years our RoboCup teams have achieved great success. The results of the soccer SPL team, team reports, and code releases are available here. Most recently our RoboCupSoccer SPL team were world champions across two consecutive years in 2014 and 2015.
Our participation in RoboCup is:
- RoboCupSoccer Standard Platform League (soccer): 2008 – present
- RoboCupRescue Real Robots League: 2005 – 2011, 2013
- RoboCupSoccer 4-Legged League (soccer): 1999 – 2006